Obudu Mountain Resort formerly known as Obudu Cattle Ranch is one of the most prestigious tourist attractions in Nigeria. It is a beautiful resort located on a plateau and surrounded by Nature. Asides other man-made attractions like the canopy walkway and cable cars Obudu is full of Natural sights which would keep you spell-bound while exceeding your overall expectations. Here is a list of fun things to do at Obudu
1. Do the canopy walk: The Canopy Walkway at Obudu Mountain Resort is a 100m swinging bridge suspended above the forest. For those who love adventure travel, you’d love this.
2. Ride the Cable Cars: Obudu Mountain Resort is 1576 meters above sea level. To get there, you can either drive the famously winding 11km road from the bottom of the hill or take the cable car. The drive takes about 25 minutes while the cable car ride takes about 6 minutes.
3. Visit Becheeve Nature Reserve: this is a conservation forest filled with various species of plants and animals. There are many species of trees and it holds some trees that have been there before civilization.
4. Climb the Holy Mountain: The holy mountain was discovered many years ago by the missionaries that go there for prayers. Ever since some people, especially the locals have believed that praying on the mountain is the easiest way to hear from God. It is also from this point that you can get to see the Nigerian-Cameroon Border.
5. Grotto: Grotto is a mini waterfall with a pool. But unlike a Natural Pool, Grotto has been modified a little to allow the water to accumulate at its bed, forming a deep pool where fun lovers can swim.
6. Go Hiking: the resort is atop the Sankwala Mountains, so if you’re a lover of hiking, you will definitely hike to your fill.
7. Cameroon Border View: from atop the Holy Mountain at Obudu, one can clearly see the Nigerian border with Obudu.
8. Horse Riding: for those who fancy horse-riding, Obudu offers you the opportunity to do what you love.
9. Play at the Waterpark: there is a beautiful waterpark at the foot of the mountain resort.
10. Bird Watching: The natural reserve hosts a varied and rare species of birdlife and butterflies.
The truth is that from the beautiful winter-like weather to the sound and sights, Obudu is one place where you deserve to cool-off after this rough few months.
We would be having a trip to Obudu Resort from September 10th – 13th 2020 and you can reach us via email, phone or our Instagram page after checking the fliers below. You can also click here for more information on the Group Tour.